Dear ESET Endpoint Security / ESET Endpoint Antivirus users,
I’m pleased to announce that the new version of ESET Endpoint Security 6.6 built from new code base is ready to be tested outside of our lab, by the real users.
The builds are available on our FTP server ftp.nod.sk/~randziak/EES_6.6_BETA/
This version can be activated by standard licenses issued for ESET Endpoint Security.
In case you are interested in a BETA license for evaluation, please drop me a private message, I will provide you with one.
If you need the installer without the AV remover or just the ESET Endpoint Antivirus let me know as well.
The most important scenario, which we would like to be tried by you is to perform and upgrade from previous ESET Endpoint Security as we believe that the changes introduced will make everyone eager to upgrade to it.
Although the version 6.6 does not bring any huge new feature, the changes under the hood are more than significant:
- The protection modules were switched to standard .dll format bringing:
significant RAM saving
full support for the Microsoft Windows 10 Creators update
faster ESET service startup
- Improves the protection level
AMSI support (Windows 10+)
Protected service (Windows 8.1+)
Advanced scanning of browser scripts
- Native x64 ESET service
- Initial scan improvements
Runs only once, after the product is activated
Does not start if a laptop is on battery
- Revamped GUI
New update pane
New Help and support section
New Setup pane design
New Logs layout
- The product starts the full protection, including the drivers installation after the activation
- Firewall uses the Windows network settings as a default (no user prompt after installation)
As you can see the list of changes is quite long and we believe that all of them will improve both the level of protection and the level of user experience.
As the changes were quite significant, we are aware of few known issues with this product, which shouldn’t affect the user experience too much:
- New settings are not available in ERA yet
- Product activation is not kept after upgrade from EES / EEA generation 5 and some settings are not overtaken (like Scan profiles)
- Some protection features are shown as not functional until system reboot
- New version link on Protection status does not work, update to new version must be started from Update pane
- Help is not fully updated yet
Please do not hesitate to share your experience with the new EES 6.6 on the forums, in case of technical issues the preferred way is to submit a support ticket via the help and feedback available in the product as logs are generated and send (if allowed by the user) on the background to easy the analysis by our engineers and developers.