查看: 2882|回复: 16
收起左侧

独家专访COMODO的CEO——Melih Abdulhayoglu

[复制链接]
george_lee
发表于 2010-2-15 13:02:55 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
CEO, Abdulhayoglu, COMODO, Melih
FaraVirusi.com: Hello sir. Thank you for accepting to give us this interview. Can you please tell us a few words about you ?

Melih Abdulhayoglu: I am an Idealist Geek andEntrepreneur combined together J My Vision driven by the Idealist geekin me while the entrepreneur make sure business aspect of these visionare realized. I am an electronics/computer engineer and have built myfirst circuit when I was 9 years old.

FV: How did all things started with Comodo ? If you can summarize in a few (4-5 phrases) its history and beggining.

MA: I started Comodo in 1998. I wanted to createTrust Online, but you can’t create trust online, unless you havesecurity. So I decided to provide both of them. I was lucky enough Ihad good people who believed in my vision and initially backed me up.Now Comodo employs over 600 people worldwide and continues to enjoyhigh growth.

FV: What projects are currently under development inComodo’s Laboratory ? I found CIS 4 is on its way to Beta. Can youreveal us some new features and improvements?

MA: That’s a big question J we have many projectsunder development like EasyVPN, HopSurf, Comodo Dragon, Comodo TimeMachine and so on. CIS 4 will bring world’s quietest default denytechnology using Sandboxing and Behaviour blocking. We have alsodeveloped CIS4 cleaning engine. Not only have we improved preventionand made it very quite, but we also have expanded cleaning capabilitiesof it.

FV: It is known that we have thousands of new malwares every day and there is a big challenge to keep in track with them.

MA: Do you think signature-based AVs will disappear and in the future a security product will be entirely based on
heuristics\behavior-blocking or HIPS ?
I don’t think they will disappear as such in the short term, but itsroles will change. Anti Virus product was invented to do “cleaning”.Somewhere down the road it became “protection” tool. But this was notjustified title as Anti Virus products could never protect you from newviruses they didn’t know. So I believe Anti Virus products will be usedfor cleaning infected PCs and HIPS will be used for “protecting” them.Of course there are ancillary uses of Anti Virus products like Comododoes by using AV reduce no of alerts for HIPS. So AV is not used toprotect but used to make HIPS more usable.

FV: “Cloud” technology is being very popularnowadays. What do you think about it? Would you transform ThreatCastinto such a thing?

MA: Well ThreatCast is a cloud technology already. You will see advancements in Threatcast we have made after v4.

FV: Do you plan the integration of an advancedcleaning module that could be in charge with the “after virus removal”cleaning? I mean
deleting autorun.inf left by viruses, deleting infected registry keys,and all other junk left by a virus. Additionally is there any plan forreparing infected files with file infectors like Sality, Virut, etc?

MA: Very much so. There are 2 kind of markets.
a)People with a clean PC who want to keep it that way by adding protection products like CIS
b)People who have infected PCs who wants it cleaned up.
Initially we concentrated on providing the protection technologies. Nowthat we have succeded in this, we have started developing some verystrong (almost acid-like) cleaning technologies that will be availablewith CIS4. You will see the power of cleaning capability of CIS4against most difficult hard to remove malware. And yes we will also tryto clean the infected files.

FV: Will you add registry cleaner, backup and othersystem maintenance tools into Comodo Internet Security to make it CTS(Comodo Total Security)?

MA: This is a good question. In one hand it makessense to create one package, but on the other hand some says lets keepit separate. I guess its upto our users! Comodo has invented “UserDriven Commercial Development” model whereby our users have a directsay in our development say that we pay for. This has created a verypowerful combination and unlike some open source projects whereresources have been an issue, with the above model by puttingcommercial money into user driven development we have created amazingproducts very quickly.

FV: What is your oppinion on av-comparatives or Virus Bulletin tests ? I’ve seen Comodo is not there.

MA: I think now the world has accepted my viewpointthat Dynamic tests are the true test of a product claiming to protect acomputer. AMTSO.com is the answer.

FV: Without digging into an old debate, but takinginto account that SoftPedia is a romanian brand, are you going to makeany other retries
to get Comodo back on SP download portal? I’m asking this as romanianusers, basically didn’t read any official reaction from you.

MA: Softpedia has been kind enough to see our pointof view and has changed their wording from Adware to Ad-supported asper our request. As a result we have now given permission for them tolist our products and you can see them listed now (some are beinguploaded still at the time of writing)

FV: Is there any plan to make security products for Linux\Mac OS ?

MA: Yes, but don’t know when.

FV: If you have just one piece of security advicefor people that are just going out and buying their computers, whatwould that be?

MA: CIS!

I built CIS because of a need. Need for protection. I was getting sickof everyone being infected! So for a clean computer the best solutionis Default-Deny based security product like CIS, so that you can keepyour clean computer clean!
george_lee
 楼主| 发表于 2010-2-15 13:04:01 | 显示全部楼层
回复 1# george_lee

FaraVirusi.com: 感谢您接受我们的采访,首先请简要地介绍下自己?

Melih Abdulhayoglu:我是个充满理想主义的怪人也是个企业家。我身上对理想主义的执迷掌控着我的目标,我的创业精神确保商业目标的实现。我是电子和计算机工程师,9岁时制作了我的第一块电路。

FV:是怎么开始创立科莫多的?你能概括下它的历史和开端吗?

MA:
我是在1998年创立的科莫多. 那时我想创建在线信任,但没有安全,信任在线就无从可谈。所以这两者我都决定要做。幸运的是有一批对我的理想展望有信心的人刚开始就支持我。现在科莫多全球已雇佣600人且还在快速发展当中。

FV: 现在科莫多实验室里正在开发什么项目呢? 我知道科莫多互联网套装4即将测试。你能告诉我们它的一些特点和改进吗?

MA: 这可真是个大的问题。我们有好些项目正在开发,像EasyVPN, HopSurf, Comodo Dragon, Comodo 时光机等等。互联网套装4具有世界上最安静的默认拒绝技术,该技术使用沙盘技术和行为阻止技术。它还具有刚开发的清除引擎。所以,我们不仅提高了它的防御能力且使它比较安静,而且扩展了清除能力。

FV: 大家都知道每天有数千的新病毒诞生,跟上它们确实很有挑战性。

MA: 你是否认为将来以基于特征码识别病毒的杀软会被淘汰,未来安全软件都会依靠启发或行为控制,或是主机防御吗?
我认为传统杀软短期不会消失,但它们的角色会变化。刚开始杀软被发明是为了清理,但后来发展成了保护性产品。但这是不恰当的,因为杀软碰到未知病毒时候,它起不了保护作用。所以我认为以后杀软会被用来清理已感染的电脑,主机防御才被用来起保护作用。当然可以像科莫多那样,把杀软用作辅助来减少主动防御的警告提示。所以,杀软不是用来保护而是用来帮助主动防御更加易用。

FV: 当今,“云科技”正在流行,你是否也将社区危险预报变成云科技之类?

MA: 社区危险预报已经是一种云科技。在第四版发布后,你会看到它的先进性了。

FV: 你有没有打算集成一种先进的清理模块用来处理病毒移除后的清理工作。比如清理病毒遗留的autorun.inf文件,清理感染的注册表和病毒垃圾文件。还有你们是否计划用文件感染修复软件如Sality, Virut 来修复感染的文件?

MA: 呵呵,你问了不少问题。有两类市场:
a)有干净电脑,想通过安装保护软件如科莫多套装来保持电脑干净的人群
b)电脑被感染想清理电脑的人群
开始的时候我们主要提供保护技术,这点我们已做到了,现在那我们正在开发一些很强的清理技术来装配套装4 . 你们会看到套装4具有的强大的针对难以清除的病毒的清理能力,当然也能够清理感染的文件。

FV: 你们是否将注册表清理,备份及其它系统维护软件加入科莫多互联网套装使它成为全面安全套装?

MA: 问的好。一方面做成一个整体包是有道理的,另一方面也会有人希望保留独立的。这应有用户决定吧,我想。公司已经启动“用户说的算商业计划”,由用户对我们的发展有直接发言权,决定对某种服务应付费。这个计划有强大的结合性,不像一些开源软件那样在资金上犯头疼,通过这个计划我们把资金投入到用户导向的发展中并迅速开发出许多了不起的产品。

FV: 你对杀软对比和病毒测试公报有什么看法?我发现科莫多并没出现。

MA: 我觉得世界接受了我的这个观点,即动态测试才是对一个标榜保护电脑的产品的真正测试。AMTSO.com 可以证实我的话。

FV: 咱们不去讨论一个古老的争论,但也得注意到SoftPedia 是个罗马尼亚品牌,你是不是想试着重新把科莫多成为它的下载列表里?我是作为罗马尼亚用户为提出这个问题的,到现在没有看到你们的官方回应。

MA: Softpedia 已经注意到了我们的观点并已经应要求把我们的软件类别从广告软件改成了广告支持软件。后来我们也同意它列出我们的产品,现在你可以看到了。

FV: 有没有想法制作适用与 Linux\Mac 操作系统的安全产品?

MA: 有,但还不好说什么时间。

FV: 如果让你给那些即将买电脑的人安全方面,仅提供一条建议,那将会是什么呢?

MA: 科莫多安全套装

我制作科莫多安全套装当时是满足需要。需要保护。我对每个人都被感染深恶痛绝。所以说干净电脑需要的最好就是以基于默认拒绝行为的科莫多类的产品,用它们来保持电脑干净。
lvseqiji
发表于 2010-2-15 13:09:26 | 显示全部楼层
支持一下,不过用Comodo的话我可能会疯掉
陈-烈焰风暴
发表于 2010-2-15 13:11:33 | 显示全部楼层
回复 3# lvseqiji
好好学习下就不会疯掉了……
而且可以“一‘豆’当关,万毒莫开”
发表于 2010-2-15 13:18:50 | 显示全部楼层
支持毛豆,现在用它的V3,感觉很强
Kernone
发表于 2010-2-15 13:22:39 | 显示全部楼层
期待V4发布
发表于 2010-2-15 17:21:07 | 显示全部楼层
谢谢分享
youmingshi
发表于 2010-2-15 18:01:18 | 显示全部楼层
不错   看得我❤十分激动啊
伶优
发表于 2010-2-15 19:19:14 | 显示全部楼层
期待V4正式发布
小偷之王
发表于 2010-2-15 20:00:24 | 显示全部楼层
换了win7就一直强忍冲动没装comodo  就是为了等V4   等呀等等呀等
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 快速注册

本版积分规则

手机版|杀毒软件|软件论坛| 卡饭论坛

Copyright © KaFan  KaFan.cn All Rights Reserved.