查看: 6660|回复: 10
收起左侧

有意思 Agnitum (Outpost)发给Comodo的email by ubuntu

[复制链接]
起点
发表于 2006-9-17 22:41:41 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
有意思 Agnitum (Outpost)发给Comodo的email

这是由OP的北美市场部的副总Pat Bitton发给media-relations@comodo.com; sales@comodogroup.com的电子邮件,大意是下面这张图是PS过的,最好删掉或换一张。

原因是在测试PCFlank Leaktest的时候,IE的父进程应该是explorer而不是tooleaky。这两个不可能同时出现在一张图上。最后是客气话,如有误解,欢迎指正。

Comodo这边回复的是CEO Melih
前面当然是友好的表示作为一个市场部的副总能提出这样的技术问题,令人赞叹。
然后列举了这张图产生的4个步骤,后面还做了些简单的介绍。

看来OP在4.0发布之际,是把Comodo的免费防火墙看做一个有力的竞争对手,时刻到对方网站了解情况,并不忘使用一些商业手段。

Here is the email from them:

Sent: Friday, September 15, 2006 2:58 PM
To: media-relations@comodo.com; sales@comodogroup.com
Cc: 'Alexander Kariagin'
Subject: Question regarding accuracy of a screenshot on your website

Dear Comodo Group

As a fellow provider of personal firewalls, we couldn't help noticing on
http://www.personalfirewall.como ... ific&country=RU
that the first screen shot refers to a PCFlank leak test, but the PARENT value is TOOLEAKY.EXE, which is a different leak test - the two references would never appear on the same screen. It would probably be a good idea for you to remove or replace this screenshot, otherwise it might give the impression that the screen shot has been edited in some way.

If we have misinterpreted this, please let us know.

Regards

Pat Bitton

Vice President of Marketing, North America
Agnitum

First of all, I would like to personally thank Pat Bitton (Vice President of Marketing, North America, Agnitum) for raising this issue and taking the initiative to email us. I must say that I am truly impressed that their marketing dept has such technical capability to notice such things

Is the conclusion that our " fellow provider of personal firewalls" have come to correct?

Of course not! You see CPF is the "King" of the leak tests! It has a very sophisticated and intelligent architecture. Let me tell you (well everyone including outpost/agnitum guys) how they can re-produce the screenshots:

1 - Run tooleaky.exe

2 - When CPF pops up for tooleaky.exe, press “Allow” button,(After this step, an instance of iexplore.exe will be resident in the memory. This usually is the case after running tooleaky.exe leak test).

3 – Run PCFlankLeakTest.exe, PC Flank leak test should detect the running instance of iexplore.exe, which is created by tooleaky.exe,

4 -  After pressing “Next” button, PC Flank leak test will try to use the previous instance of IE. Then CPF will show exactly the same popup as on our web site.

CPF does not "blindly" watch registry for OLE Automation. It catches real automation requests in real time and per application instance. CPF has one of the most advanced and most sophisticated engines in the world and even our "fellow personal firewall providers" could not understand how sophisticated CPF is.

But of course this raises another question, even if our "fellow personal firewall providers"  can't understand how sophisticated CPF is will an average user? Well they will if we tell them the steps. So what we will do is to add the above steps on our website so that they, and of course not to forget our"fellow personal firewall providers",

I thought I should share this with you to make sure there is no confusion about how CPF work and what we display on our website and I hope this will answer Pat's question for everyone, including their users and customers who might also be confused about this particular screenshot.

Melih
The CEO guy

本帖子中包含更多资源

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有帐号?快速注册

x
xpn282
发表于 2006-9-17 23:12:59 | 显示全部楼层
有意思..不知OP4.0什么时候发布..有些等不急了.......
起点
 楼主| 发表于 2006-9-17 23:17:21 | 显示全部楼层
防火墙还是稳妥点好,等正式版本把

op软件非常不错就是老喜欢贬低别的墙
xpn282
发表于 2006-9-17 23:22:02 | 显示全部楼层
确实是这样...喜欢贬低别人,,要不然他也不会发邮件了....
OP应该搓搓ZA的威风还差不多...来欺负小辈
夏春秋
发表于 2006-9-17 23:52:16 | 显示全部楼层
COMODO的墙似乎有一定SSM的功能,据说内存占用很大。不过它网站上还有好几个免费软件可用
pmj_sh
发表于 2006-9-18 09:31:49 | 显示全部楼层
FROM 12KM

这封MAIL怎么会外泄的呢?
难道是OP与COMODO的互相炒作。。。
COMODO产品线开始模仿ZA了
出了AV BETA
有机会用用:)
xpn282
发表于 2006-9-18 11:28:21 | 显示全部楼层
确实有互相炒作的嫌疑
起点
 楼主| 发表于 2006-9-18 14:46:42 | 显示全部楼层
comodo的防火墙是永久免费的
不过他的杀软,备份工具等就不知道了,至少目前全部免费
pmj_sh
发表于 2006-9-18 19:49:45 | 显示全部楼层
原帖由 navigateqd 于 2006-9-18 14:46 发表
comodo的防火墙是永久免费的
不过他的杀软,备份工具等就不知道了,至少目前全部免费

记得你以前发过贴子
软墙里最强:lol
戈壁火狐 该用户已被删除
发表于 2006-9-19 00:26:57 | 显示全部楼层
COMODO FW 很不错,功能强大,不过好像和 KIS 的 WEB 安全模块冲突,使得 KIS 的 WEB 安全模块无法启用。本来想汉化一下 COMODO FW,但是发现这个东东图片资源甚多,很是费功夫,只好放弃。
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 快速注册

本版积分规则

手机版|杀毒软件|软件论坛| 卡饭论坛

Copyright © KaFan  KaFan.cn All Rights Reserved.