红伞修复能力是最差的,所以有些人破罐子破摔,干脆诋毁修复好的软件,最后一名,骂第一名无用。
tonylee
头像被屏蔽
发表于 2008-2-16 09:20:58 | 显示全部楼层
原帖在这里:
http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=199292

反病毒这个行业,包括这些“知名”测试机构,多几个象Vesselin Bontchev 这样的人,可能某种程度上会好很多。

关于Dr. Vesselin Bontchev:

Dr. Vesselin Bontchev was born in Varna, Bulgaria. He graduated from the Technical University of Sofia in 1985 with an M.Sc. in computer science (systems programming). He worked for the university's Laboratory for Microprocessors and Microcomputers and for the Institute of Industrial Cybernetics and Robotics at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, building expert systems. In 1988, he became interested in computer viruses and began producing freeware anti-virus programs. Two years later he became the Director of the Laboratory of Computer Virology at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences. From 1991 to 1995 he worked as a research associate at the Virus Test Center, University of Hamburg, Germany, where he wrote his Ph.D. thesis on computer viruses.

Since 1990, Dr. Bontchev has been the Bulgarian representative in IFIP's TC-11 ("Computers & Security"). He is also a founding member of CARO (the Computer Anti-virus Researchers' Organization) and a founding member of VSI (the Virus Security Institute).

Dr. Bontchev currently works for FRISK Software International in Reykjavik, Iceland, where he is involved in the development of the anti-virus package F-PROT and is specialized in macro virus research. Outside the field of computer anti-virus research, his interests include cryptography and number theory - he has been a member of the International PGP development team and is participating in the Great Internet Prime Search project.

来源:http://www.people.frisk-software.com/~bontchev/

下面是bontchev的部分帖子内容:

'Perhaps I'm also a bit biased, given that I was the one who personally had to deal with at least part of the crap you were sending to us as "undetected malware".’

'I think I already addressed this issue. Yes, a small fee for a testing company with no other revenue is not unreasonable. Your fee is neither small nor reasonable, though. Hell, you ask for a single (incompetent, crappy) test about as much as I make in a year! And you don't have even a minuscule fraction of the knowledge, expertise and aptitude of what takes to be a good AV tester, let alone an AV researcher.'

'Of course. Nobody is perfect. However, I've had to deal with the "quality" of your tests (or, more exactly, the lack thereof) for several years already and I am convinced now that you don't just "make a few excusable mistakes". Over all these years, their quality hasn't improved an iota. The only thing that has changed is the number of samples used.

Now, I've had the unfortune to study Marxism at school, and there there is the principle that "increased quantities lead to a change in quality" or something like that (not sure how exactly it translates in English). In reality, however, a pile of crap is still crap - even if it is a very big pile.

{snip - Blue}By now I am convinced that you'll never be able to reverse-engineer a piece of malware and understand how it works (or why it doesn't) and that you'll never grasp the fundamental principles on which the various anti-virus products are based.

All you can do is gather a huge pile of files from various dubious sources, run a bunch of scanners on them, process the results in tables (which might even be wrong - I can't tell, because I don't have access to the raw data), and call it a "test".{Snip - Blue}’

'It's difficult to produce exact numbers because this has been going on for years and I didn't keep track of the exact numbers every time. Furthermore, since at FRISK I handle only macro- and mobile malware related issues, I got to see only that part of the "missed" stuff. From what I've heard from the guys at the Virus Lab who had to process the rest, it was of pretty much the same "quality" - but, you realize, this is just hearsay.

Speaking of the stuff I've seen, I can reliably say that at least some 90% of it had no place in a virus test set to begin with. (I mist emphasize - I'm not talking about his entire test set - which I haven't seen as a whole - but only about the stuff that was sent to us as "samples missed by your scanner".) Just because our scanner happened to detect the rest doesn't necessarily mean that they were proper virus samples - but I can't tell for sure without examining them first.

Again, speaking of the stuff I've seen, there were all the typical mistakes made by incompetent virus collectors. Non-functional programs, corrupted executables, files with wrong extension extension (e.g., SIS files with EXE or APP extension; forget which - this is as wrong as renaming a ZIP archive to EXE), partial disinfections, non-working stuff, etc., etc., etc.

I still have somewhere in my backlog a bunch of files labeled "macro stuff from Clementi" which are of such a low quality that they are not only not viruses - they don't deserve even to be classified as "intended". It would be a very rare event (like one in a thousand) that I'd find a genuine new macro virus among the non-working crap. Sadly, this meant that I was forced to analyze it all, looking for these "pearls" - which, as I assume you realize - didn't amuse me at all.

And this has been going on for years, and years. I never saw any improvement. Sure, when we told him "this is crap and shouldn't be in a test set", he removed it without objection. But this is wrong, too. He removed it because he just believed our word. We're a biased side in such things - the proper thing to do is to verify our claims by analyzing the files and confirming what we were saying. Anyway, the crap was removed - only to be replaced with more crap at the next test. As it is, he just shifted to the anti-virus companies the task of sorting out his test set. :-(

A competent tester must always be able to explain why a particular sample is in his test set. "Scanner X detects it", "It was in Company Y's monthly virus collection" and "It was submitted through the FooBar on-line scanning service" are not good explanations. Most empathically not. A competent tester must be able to analyze the sample and say "It is there because this code here performs self-replication and that code there contains the polymorphic engine and my test criteria state that my test set consists of polymorphic viruses".

Andreas, if I pick a random sample from your test set, are you able to analyze it and explain to me exactly what of its properties have validated you placing it there? Because, if you cannot, you're not qualified to test anti-virus programs (or at least not qualified to construct test sets for such tests). And everything that I've seen from the samples coming from you tell me that you're not able or not willing or do not have the time to analyze them. We aren't talking about honest mistakes here. We're talking about mindless pilling of unanalyzed crap.'

无法保证样本质量的测试,没有太大意义。
dujie7023
发表于 2008-2-16 10:21:20 | 显示全部楼层
恩 咖啡确实不错的  一直喜欢
lingbo110120
发表于 2008-2-16 12:37:24 | 显示全部楼层
没有想法
solcroft
发表于 2008-2-17 03:19:12 | 显示全部楼层
原帖由 tonylee 于 2008-2-16 10:50 发表
无法保证样本质量的测试,没有太大意义

看来你和WSF的那群小白一样,都不懂得动脑筋一下
bontchev在Frisk是负责分析宏病毒的,他自己也说明了只看过AV-C的宏病毒样本。AV-C只有杀软在测试中漏杀的病毒才会发给厂商,而F-Prot在AV-C测试里的宏病毒查杀率一向来十分优秀
自己想想看逻辑问题出现在哪里
tonylee
头像被屏蔽
发表于 2008-2-17 11:05:03 | 显示全部楼层
原帖由 solcroft 于 2008-2-17 03:19 发表

看来你和WSF的那群小白一样,都不懂得动脑筋一下
bontchev在Frisk是负责分析宏病毒的,他自己也说明了只看过AV-C的宏病毒样本。AV-C只有杀软在测试中漏杀的病毒才会发给厂商,而F-Prot在AV-C测试里的宏病毒查杀率 ...

嗯,我是比较小白,所以我只是转贴而已。
貌似bontchev也比较小白,连“病毒样本”都看不清楚。
A.C拿着只要有一家报或者自己都不知道是什么的样本,发给那些对这些垃圾文件不报毒的厂家并且说:嗨,这是你们查不到的样本,入库吧。
如果是他自己分析确认过的,那到没什么,但从WSF上看,他似乎没这方面的能力或者至少能力方面欠缺。
这样的测试,在确保所谓样本来源的情况下,谁都能做。

反病毒软件现有的病毒特征库查到垃圾样本,这并不是什么问题;而被迫分析、入库那些所谓的"漏查"的垃圾“样本”,估计是痛,而且很痛。所以才有了那个帖子,费用是主要原因吗?显然不是。F-PROT的创始人在那里也发帖了,当然出于各种考虑,可能不如bontchev那么直接。事实上FRISK和A.C的关系是很不错的,现在也无奈了。

反病毒公司为了自身的利益,必须得造神,当然那得是符合自身权益的代言人。bontchev是不爽了,但也说明了不代表FRISK。

A.C发这些样本给这些公司,加了吧,很多是垃圾,不加吧,下次测试又要比别人差,每个公司的病毒特征库里这样的垃圾记录有多少,只有他们自己知道。这种尴尬的状态,不知道什么时候才能结束,或者根本没有结束的一天。其中的痛苦,恐怕只有那些必须要自己一个个分析那些“A.C样本”的分析人员才清楚,当然,那些早就进入直接转名批量自动入库的现代化公司不在此列。

[ 本帖最后由 tonylee 于 2008-2-17 11:07 编辑 ]
patrick
发表于 2008-2-17 11:09:53 | 显示全部楼层
原帖由 jeffgree 于 2008-2-14 21:07 发表
己所欲之 慎施于人

绝对同意7楼的,有些人自己就很片面很偏激。
iuan
发表于 2008-2-17 11:21:57 | 显示全部楼层
这个在霏凡也有人贴过,dr.web也跳出来了,口水战
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 快速注册

本版积分规则

手机版|杀毒软件|软件论坛| 卡饭论坛

Copyright © KaFan  KaFan.cn All Rights Reserved.